A sustainable meat processing facility in Colfax burns Monday night.
> >where there’s smoke, there’s fire… and tonight, a smokehouse and organic meat processing facility in colfax are destroyed. the clinton county company, “this old farm meats and processing”, had been only been operating for a year when a grease fire broke out tonight in the smokehouse. the fire spread to the main building where ten people were working, but everyone got out safely. > >”they were in the smokehouse which has a large oven in it. a grease fire became involved. they tried to put it out themselves, it got too big for them, they called the fire department and we came and they had heavy fire through the roof when we arrived.” > >owners erick and jessica smith say they hope to rebuild